NatHERS Technical Advisory Committee
The Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS) Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) is an expert body that provides stakeholder and industry advice to the NatHERS Administrator on technical matters related to NatHERS.
The work of the TAC is complementary to the policy feedback provided by the NatHERS Stakeholder Consultative Group (SCG).
The TAC provides advice on:
- technical matters related to NatHERS software tools and the operation of the Scheme more broadly
- current and emerging issues affecting the maintenance, development and improvement of NatHERS software tools
- identifying and prioritising research to improve the functionality of NatHERS software tools
- Chenath engine updates and interface developments, and
- the technical merits of applications being reviewed for inclusion in NatHERS software tools.
The TAC generally meets three times per year via teleconference and may also be asked to give out-of-session consideration to specific matters from time-to-time.
The TAC reports to, and is chaired by, the NatHERS Administrator. The TAC is made up of industry representatives and technical experts in the areas of:
- NatHERS software tools
- NatHERS assessor training and practices
- Building physics, and
From 2020, the TAC will also include experts in the area of:
- Fixed appliances, including but not limited to:
- space heating and cooling
- hot water
- pool heating and pumps
- On-site energy generation and storage.
TAC membership is for two years.
Application for membership
Individuals and organisations may apply for membership by submitting an ‘Expression of Interest’ to the NatHERS Administrator. This should include the nomination of two representatives where possible (the second being a proxy who would not attend meetings without prior agreement). The application should include:
- Statement of skills: outlining the reasons for the nomination and the specific skill set each applicant would contribute (no more than one page).
- CV: with further details of previous experience of both applicants (no more than two pages).
- Declaration of interest: as per the provisions in the Confidentiality, Privacy and Conflict of Interest Deed.
For more information see the TAC Terms of Reference and Confidentiality, Privacy and Conflict of Interest Deed