Whole-of-Home Software EOI - Now Open
Interested software developers can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to access detailed information to support Whole-of-Home software development. Developers can also apply for NatHERS endorsement of their whole of home tool using the same process. All potential tool providers will have equal access to relevant information in the EOI pack including:
- Draft NatHERS Whole-of-Home National Calculation Methodologies
- High level Software Accreditation Protocol (SAP)
- Sample Whole-of-Home certificate
- Sample hourly output data and house designs
- Information on accessing the beta version of the CSIRO Whole‑of‑Home Benchmark Tool.
If your Whole-of-Home software meets the minimum requirements it can also be endorsed through the same EOI process.
Endorsement demonstrates that your tool is on track for accreditation while also allowing you to advertise as being ‘NatHERS Endorsed’ during public consultation on the National Construction Code (NCC) 2022.
Developers seeking endorsement must be able to demonstrate that any proposed Whole-of-Home software tool:
- Has existing NatHERS accreditation for rating thermal performance or has agreed access rights with a software tool that has existing NatHERS accreditation.
- Can generate annual energy calculation for a home.
- Can generate an energy calculation for:
- Lighting, heating and cooling appliances
- Water heating appliances
- Pool and spa pumps
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems.
For more information about the EOI and the endorsement process, visit NatHERS Whole-of-Home.